Skip to main content
Q) If the calendar  shows that a date and time is free can we always book it.

The calendar  shows dates for  the next 12 months. We have customers who book slots regularly but haven’t  booked yet for the next 12 months. That means that a slot might show as free but in fact it will be used by a regular customer. If you send in the booking form with the reservation you are requesting we will let you know if it's available.

Q) I would like to run regular classes at the Hall but prefer not to pay for months in advance. Also I don’t want to run classes during school holidays. Can you reserve a time slot for me?

We can accept regular bookings with some gaps. We need as much notice as possible of any gaps with a minimum of 8 weeks so we don’t turn away other customers. Some customers plan for a whole school year taking account of school holidays which really helps.

Q) Can we use the brown green and black bins on site?

Small amounts of rubbish can be placed in the large black bin which is collected monthly. If it is full please take your rubbish away when you leave. We may retain your deposit if bags are left next to the bin when full.

Q) Are there any activities which you do not permit?

We are comfortable accepting most types of bookings.We do have some restrictions based on our licence with Charnwood Borough council and also our lease with the church as the building is built on Church land. Our lease with the church who own the land stops us renting  the hall out for any political uses.

Q) Wedding receptions

These often take up most of the weekend. To make sure the hall is available for a wide range of activities  we can only accept wedding receptions where there is a local connection.

Q) Do you accept parties for all ages of children and young adults.

We can only accept parties in the 16-21 year old age group  where  adults are present all the time, the  families live in Woodhouse or Woodhouse Eaves and no alcohol is served.

Parties up to the age 15 are accepted from all areas. You must ensure an appropriate level of adult supervision throughout the booking. Again no alcohol can be served.

Q) Can I use a bouncy castle?

Bouncy castles and similar types of play equipment  are only allowed if we are sent proof in advance  that our customer has liability insurance to cover injury to users at the party.

If your  Insurance is  provided by the bouncy castle supplier you must supply proof it includes  claims caused by the poor supervision of the users, and isn't limited to  claims due to malfunctions of the equipment or similar.

If your liability insurance to  cover your supervision of the bouncy castle is provided by a different organisation to the rental company please provide us with a copy of the insurance.
If you have asked your home insurance company to extend your home insurance cover to this party again we will need written evidence.

The hall's insurance policy does not offer any cover in respect to accidents related in any way to bouncy castles and similar types of play equipment.  

Bouncy castles can  be used inside  the hall with suitable protection for the oak flooring. The ceiling height is 3.6 metres.

A hirer must not bring in a bouncy castle or similar types of play equipment without our permission.

Q) Can we play music or use a public address system for speeches outside in the garden?

No outside amplified sound is allowed as there are houses  close to the hall.

Q) Can hall users supply and serve alcoholic drinks in the hall?

Under the terms of the Licence, alcohol can be consumed at the Hall.
 A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is needed if you want to carry out a ‘licensable activity’ at the hall.
 Link below gives full details.

Licensable activities include:
 selling alcohol
 providing entertainment, e.g. music, dancing or indoor sporting events
 serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am
 You will also need a temporary event notice for a wedding reception at the hall.

Q) Do we need to leave the Hall in the same condition as when we arrived?

Hirers and users are reminded that the Booking Conditions require the Premises to be left in a clean and tidy condition after use. We do take a deposit for bookings which is refundable if the hall is left in a reasonable condition.

Q) Can we use outside caterers such as fish and chip vans and mobile  pizza ovens

Yes this is very good idea as there is plenty of room.

Q) Does anyone else use the car park

Yes. Church users can use the car park as that is a condition of our lease with the church, who own the land on which the hall is built.
Busiest time is Sunday 09.00-10.00 where cars are parked  for the catholic community service.
Other busy times are funerals, weddings and christenings.

Q? Do you have a projector

No.  We do have  a blank wall at the end of the hall that you can use. 

Powered by LemonBooking
Village Hall booking system